Athletes from Berkshire, Cardinal, Orange and West Geauga have been named the Chagrin Valley Conference Players of the Week for the week ending December 23.
Each player was nominated by his or her coach.
- Name: Lydia Kastor
- School: Berkshire
- Grade: 9
- Stats: Scored 23 points with 10 rebounds, 7 steals and 5 assists in two games
- Coach’s Quote: “Lydia has been consistent in every game so far this season and is settling into her role as a point guard,” Berkshire coach James Bosley said. “Against Wickliffe, she made 3-of-4 free throws in the fourth quarter to help get the win. Saturday, she helped erase a nine-point deficit hitting two 3s and assisting on two others in the second half.”
- Name: Brittni Lawrence
- School: Cardinal
- Grade: 12
- Stats: Scored 27 points with 15 rebounds and seven blocks in two games
- Coach’s Quote: “Brittni has done a great job shooting the ball for us the last few weeks as she has focused on making strong moves to the basket,” Cardinal coach Luke Kruse said. “She has also stepped up her rebounding and defense to go along with her improved offensive play. Brittni is a tough player to game plan for with her height and soft touch around the rim and works hard in practice to improve her arsenal of post moves.”
- Name: Kayden Lawson
- School: Orange
- Grade: 11
- Stats: Scored 21 points with 10 rebounds, 5 steals, 3 assists and 2 blocks
- Coach’s Quote: “Kayden played a good game against a good West Geauga team,” Orange coach Ship Collins said.
- Name: Tyler Moriarty
- School: West Geauga
- Grade: 11
- Stats: Finished 9-0 with 8 pins to win the 220-pound weight class at the Matteucci Classic
- Coach’s Quote: “Tyler had a strong performance this weekend pinning eight out of nine of his opponents on his way to winning the title in the 220-pound division of the Matteucci Classic this weekend,” West Geauga coach Ben Stehura said. “I believe this will be the breakout performance that will propel him onto a very successful year.”