Strongsville defeated Geneva, 4-1, in the first round of the Ohio Tennis Coaches Association state team tournament.
The Mustangs swept the singles competition and won at second doubles.
Geneva’s Kenna Sanborn and Adrian Quinn defeated Lauren Kantzes and Brooke Brengartner at first doubles, 7-6 (3), 6-3.
Strongsville 4, Geneva 1
- 1st Singles: Paige Myers (S) d. Kate Keenan (G); 6-3, 6-3.
- 2nd Singles: Gina Upholzer (S) d. Gabbi Selman (G); 7-6 (3), 6-1.
- 3rd Singles: Saksha Krishman (S) d. Abby Anderson (G); 6-4, 6-2.
- 1st Doubles: Kenna Sanborn/Adrian Quinn (G) d. Lauren Kantzes/Brooke Brengartner (S) ; 7-6 (3), 6-3.
- 2nd Doubles: Steph Gadios/Vic Matelaki (S) d. Cynthia Seames/Alyssa Fix (G); 6-4, 7-6 (4), 10-6 Super tiebreaker.
Records: Strongsville 2-1, Geneva 1-2
Next match: Harvey at Geneva Monday 8/20 4:00