The Northeast District Athletic Board has announced the pairings for the Division II sectional tournament, which begins play on Wednesday, Oct. 2 at two locations.
Singles play will be held at Hawken Upper School while the doubles tournament will be held at Highland Heights Park.
All matches begin at 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday. The semifinals and finals rounds will begin at 3:30 p.m. on Thursday. If necessary, matches will be completed on Saturday, Oct. 5.
Matchups for Chagrin Valley Conference players are listed below:
- Perry’s Meredith Robinson vs. Conneaut’s Madeline Maire. The winner advances to play No. 1 seed Rylie Hanford of West Geauga.
- Orange’s Rachel Glukh will play the winner of the first-round matchup between St. John’s Maddie Blenman and Gilmour’s Madison Maynard.
- Edgewood’s Sara Howard vs. Harvey’s Michera Kimbrough. The winner advances to play Beachwood’s Sabrina Machtay.
- Geneva’s Abby Anderson vs. Andrews-Osborne’s Jansen Sminchak.
- Chagrin Falls’ Morgan Dishler vs. Hawken’s Eliana Yang. The winner advances to play Geneva’s Gabbi Selman.
- Harvey’s Maria Medina vs. Andrews-Osborne’s Alisa Krivenko.
- Perry’s Anna Fletcher will play the winner of the first-round matchup between Jefferson’s Jenna Wagner and Lake Catholic’s Maddie Kerestman.
- Beachwood’s Zilin Zhang vs. NDCL’s Lexi Pozzuto. The winner advances to play No. 4 seed Alexis Nyborg of Orange.
- Hawken’s Molly Xiao vs. Harvey’s Judy Estrada.
- Geneva’s Cynthia Seamus vs. Lake Catholic’s Eva Schoen. The winner advances to play Chagrin Falls’ Macy Breedan.
- Perry’s Emily Scheuren vs. Edgewood’s Jordan Zee. The winner advances to play West Geauga’s McKenna O’Brien.
- Beachwood’s Lali Ramadan will play the winner of the first-round matchup between Jefferson’s Ellie Vance and Conneaut’s Jade Ballard.
- Hawken’s Tina Tewari vs. St. John’s Colleen Andersen. The winner advances to play Maggie Catney of Chagrin Falls.
- Edgewood’s Adrianna Anderson will play the winner of the first-round matchup between Gilmour’s Maya Moufawad and Lake Catholic’s Hayley Middleton.
- West Geauga’s Natalie Radatz vs. NDCL’s Jackie Nguyen. The winner advances to play No. 2 seed Blessing Nwaozuzu of Orange.
- Geneva’s Lauren Stark and Maddie Fortney vs. Lake Catholic’s Tatum Osborne and Susan Daly.
- Chagrin Falls’ Kasey Ruffer and Emilay Wirbel vs. Conneaut’s Lizzy Young and Karlie Mickle.
- Edgewood’s Linsey Obermiyer and Rebekah Richmond vs. Jefferson’s Brook Mariority and Camryn Burkhammer.
- Hawken’s Ellie Faber and Sammi Fremont vs. Andrews-Osborne’s Yellin Kong and Heidi Hazelrig.
- West Geauga’s Anna Hogrefe and Hana Nagmouth vs. Gilmour’s Ava Moe and Isabella Martin.
- Perry’s Makenna Dew and Tessa Moats vs. NDCL’s Avery Walton and Georgina Harsrouni.
- Beachwood’s Stephanie Yen and Grace Yan vs. Orange’s Elly McCreary and Rachel Pomeranets.
- Harvey’s Pamela Huler and Katelyn Bartol vs. NDCL’s Sarah Harlan and Kate Harlan.
- Perry’s Nicolete Rosati and Zoey Hicks vs. Conneaut’s Emily Falcone and Heidi Mayor.
- Chagrin Falls’ Sara McKee and Laney Gilmore vs. Geneva’s Mackenzie Dipofi and Amelia Riddell.
- Hawken’s Cassidy Feng and Tess Mamy vs. Kane Parise and Olivia Passerell of St. John’s.
- Edgewood’s Kailey Rantanen and Ally Strubble vs. West Geauga’s Samantha Skerbec and Rae Ehrbar.
- Orange’s Katie Bratueanu and Natalie Borsch vs. Beachwood’s Anna Owens and Emily Fan.
Parents, friends, teammates and other fans:
- Are not permitted on the court
- Should not lean on or crowd around the fence
- May not converse with players once they enter the court
- May not coach, give advice or help with scoring or line calls
- Should refrain from distracting the players